Road Trip 7:.....The Bayou's and Byeways of the South

The plan for our seventh visit to the United States is to return to New Orleans and then explore the hinterland of Louisiana. Immersing ourselves in such exotics concepts as Cajun, Creole and Zydeco. We then plan to move further west into Texas. I say plan because one never knows what is round the next bend, be it good or bad!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

First Day - How is the trailer really?


I was up early today to have a more detailed look at how the trailer has stood up to the Florida Summer.
As I was going out to the trailer, the sun was coming up and I got some lovely photos of Jim and Connie's house with the trailer safely tucked into the pole barn.
On closer inspection, the trailer was indeed in good condition inside. No creepy crawies, no mold. So I spent some time clearing the inside of the trays of cat litter we use to absorb the moisture.
Then I turned my attention to the Chevy. Again, in the light of day, I could find no invaders apart from the inevitable Mud Dobbers, a type of wasp. So I took the opportunity to give the Chevy a nice wash.
When Sally had got up I drove the hire car back, with Sally following on in the Chevy.
As to the rest of the day, we have been to Golden Corral for lunch, relaxing and then been visited by our great friends Paula and Walt.
Now Connie is planning a bit of a party for us and other friends at the weekend, so that we can all have a good jam together, sounds like fun.
Tomorrow is Monday - Discount day for Pensioners at Bells Outlet! So the girls will be off to the shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment